Wednesday, January 20, 2010

RE: Me being catatonic.

I haven't really been posting for ages because of two main reasons:
1. I have been listening to Siege + Deep Wound + Extortion + Naked City. I don't know why anybody (including myself) would like music this ugly so I'm not about to suggest it to friends.
2. Of the more palatable music I have been listen to it has been pretty much exclusively Australian shit that is still in print/released in the last year or so and I would just feel like a cunt putting links up for these albums when Australian bands have it hard enough anyway. And I'm hardly going to write a proper review on a album hoping you will go out and buy it as my writing skills are less than adequate.

but here are a few BRIEF brainfarts on my favourite AUS bands/releases (other than those in my best of list a couple of pages back)


KITCHENS FLOOR -


These cunce rule because not only are they from brisbane (YEW) they are on R.I.P. SOCIETY (best label in australia once Circle Pit and Dead Farmers and Royal Headache release there shit this year) and the mask there NYC (velvets and No Wave) influences in a XXXX encrusted, tomoto sauce stained OAR-STRAIL-IAN manner.
p.s. this album only costs $12.95

lakes/Sean Bailey


This guy is a king. the principle (and sometimes only member) of
Wasted Truth (2 track Black Flag baiting HC dirge)
DEAF!DEAF! (deceased Jazz/Punk/Goth/GRRL group whose song loss of appitiete is one of my all time favourites)
Chrome Dome (Drugged fuelled industrail synth death-pop)
Paeces (god-only-knows-fucked-up experimental music)
+
lakes. experimental yet easily enough listened to noise-pop. He sings about really wierd and wild stuff and claps all out of time and shit. The soundtrack to where the wild things are if if was filmed by Weiner Herzog instead of Spike Jonze.
Dude also owns a label (inverted Crux) and runs festival/puts on shows.

LOVE OF DIAGRAMS- NOWHERE FOREVER

Swirly fuzzed out 90s music with boy/girl vocals and one of the best female drummers in the land. Forever is what JJJ would play if it didnt catch AIDS a long time ago

THE TWERPS

If these guys don't get the support slot for Pavement the world must of caught AIDS off JJJ.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! just gotta clear something up. I think you have Sean Bailey confused with Shaun South. Shaun South is in deaf deaf and chrome dome, hes also the guy who puts on festivals and things like that. Sean Bailey is in Paeces, lakes and wasted truth. cheers!

    ReplyDelete