Friday, May 1, 2009

Just found out I don't have to work tomorrow so I could of
A) gone to Paul Kelly at Twin Towns and a Mardi Grass trip
B) get Lynch to fly me to tenterfield to camp
massive fuckin bummer, guess I'll be spending the day in the library instead studying viruses. w00+!!!!

This brings me nicely to the overwhelming feeling of this album, which is possible my 2nd or 3rd favourite of all time.


With songs such as 'way of the world', 'life' and 'living for the depression' this album is all about life being kinda shitty..
This will definitely not be everyones cup of tea. its punk that isn't fast, sounds like its recorded in the batcave (Mahers lane batcave not that fancy one in the movies), its noisy, poorly executed and very very repetitive (in a good daft punk kinda way). Subtle brutality.

This band are touring soon which is something I never would of dreamt up in a million years. Supports are pretty good too (particularly in Sydney and Melbourne). Can't wait.

If you hate this... Thats kinda the idea. Its a grower but and these guys are only behind Bad Brains and Black Flag in my 'punk' books.


http://lix.in/-3eaf13

No comments:

Post a Comment