Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lou Reed- Transformer



recently had a chat with jim about how I tried to get into lots of VU and Lou Reed solo stuff when I was abit younger purely because I thought you had to listen to Velvet underground otherwise you were a square. Although I kind of 'got' velvet underground as much as the next faux-british-looking-18-year-old-boy at ric's trying to pash a slightly-chubby-girl-with-a-bob-cut-and-stripey-shirt, I really never liked Lou Reed in the slightest. A few (not many) years wiser I am in love with this guy like not many others. Make Up is probably the best track this guy has ever done (in my lazy eyes)
cross dressing, herion injecting, hanging from the roof shit, this nigga was bob dylan for the counter counter-culture.

DOWN-LOADED (see what I did there)

No comments:

Post a Comment